Relate is looking for software engineers to join the Engineering team. As the newest member of the engineering team, we are looking for someone to help us design and build the next generation of high-performance APIs and backend services in Node. You will be on a small cross-disciplinary team in a startup-environment, where you will lead development of new features and improve the quality and reliability of our services.
By applying to this role you will be considered for all Engineering roles currently available. We currently work together remotely and we've adapted our recruiting processes to accommodate virtual interviews with prospective hires.
What You’ll Do:
- Design, develop and operate scalable and resilient distributed services that run on Kubernetes or ECS
- Collaborate with various functional teams across Relate on the expansion of our service platform
- Deliver the team roadmap and product features
- Encourage and develop other team members
What You’ll Need:
3+ years of industry work experience
- Excellent knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, and coding
- Experience in designing and building distributed backend systems handling high volumes of traffic
- Experience in handling ambiguous business requirements with excellent prioritization, time management abilities, and a focus on execution
- Passion to tackle exciting engineering problems and make continuous improvements
- Excellent knowledge and experience with a backend language like Java, Node.js, Go, etc.
Nice to Haves:
Experience with cloud computing systems such as AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud Platform
- Experience in design and development using NoSQL, such as MongoDB
- Experience with Redis, ElasticSearch, Kafka, and Spark
- Experience with Agile development methodology and CI/CD
- Experience with Docker containers
- Experience with GraphQL services.
- Experience in working with Mixpanel, Firebase and Google Analytics.
- Experience in test-driven development.
- Fluent in Swedish or natively.
As part of our team, you’ll enjoy:
- Working on a product that has an immediate impact on people’s lives
- Collaborating with a team of creative, fun and driven colleagues
- Market-level salary, Qualified Employee Stock options (QESO)
- Flexible remote work culture
- Monthly and weekly interactive virtual events including Scribble and social hangouts