Relate is looking for a senior and competent software engineer to co-lead the Engineering team. We are looking for someone to help us design and build the next generation of high-performance APIs and backend services in Node. You will be on a small cross-disciplinary team in a startup-environment, where you will lead development of new features and improve the quality and reliability of our services. You will work closely with our founding CTO and will be trained to take over main responsibilities during his paternity leave.
What You’ll Do:
- Design, develop and operate scalable and resilient distributed services that run on Kubernetes or ECS
- Collaborate with various functional teams across Relate on the expansion of our service platform
- Deliver on the team roadmap and product features
- Encourage and develop other team members
What You’ll Need:
- 3+ years of industry work experience
- Excellent knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, and coding
- Experience in designing and building distributed backend systems handling high volumes of traffic
- Experience in handling ambiguous business requirements with excellent prioritization, time management abilities, and a focus on execution
- Experience in leading people and teams
- Passion to tackle exciting engineering problems and make continuous improvements
- Excellent knowledge and experience with a backend language like Java, Node.js, Go, etc.
Nice to Haves:
- Experience with cloud computing systems such as AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud Platform
- Experience in design and development using NoSQL, such as MongoDB
- Experience with Redis, ElasticSearch, Kafka, and Spark
- Experience with Agile development methodology and CI/CD
- Experience with Docker containers
- Experience with GraphQL services.
- Experience in working with Mixpanel, Firebase and Google Analytics.
- Experience in test-driven development.
- Fluent in Swedish or natively.
As part of our team, you’ll enjoy:
- Working on a product that has an immediate impact on people’s lives
- Collaborating with a team of creative, fun and very passionate colleagues
- Salary range 35-50k SEK depending on experience
- Qualified Employee Stock options (QESO) worth 720,000 SEK today
- Flexible remote first work culture
- Monthly onsite days were the full team gathers for collaborative work and social activities
- Weekly interactive virtual events including games and social hangouts